Madonna turns 60 on Thursday. To celebrate, we’re taking a look back at her 35 years in the industry.
Since Madonna’s eponymous debut album hit the shelves in 1983, she’s performed on 10 concert tours and sold more than 300 million records.
This has earned her a spot in the Guinness World Records as the best-selling female recording artist of all time.
What else can a look at the numbers tell us about the Queen of Pop?
1) She’s had more UK number one albums than any other female artist
2) These are the people’s favourites
Like A Virgin your favourite Madonna tune? Join the crowd: Spotify data ranks this 1984 classic as her most popular song.
In fact, only one song in the top five is not from the 80s: Hung Up from 2005.
3) She’s had more singles in the top five than any other female artist
Madonna’s had 46 singles make the top five in the UK charts – only Elvis has had more.
4) Her Super Bowl performance was record-breaking
5) She’s the richest female musician in America
Looks like she really is a Material Girl.
Forbes estimated Madonna’s net worth at $580m (£454m) last year, making her the richest female artist based in America, comfortably $200m (£157m) ahead of runner-up Celine Dion.
Full article HERE