Four years in the slammer for a crime she didn’t commit haven’t dampened Nikki Finn’s spirits, nor her determination. The spunky parolee sets out to clear her name, and sets the Big Apple spinning in deliriously funny ways that have everyone asking “Who’s That Girl”?
As Nikki, Madonna displays all her talents, singing four terrific songs (Causing A Commotion, Look of Love, Can’t Stop and the smash hit title tune) from the top selling soundtrack album “Who’s That Girl”. Griffin Dunne co-stars as a Yupper-class Mr. Mild Time who encounters life changing wild times when his straight and narrow path leads him to zany Nikki and zanier escapades ‘Who’s that girl’. It’s not a question.
It’s an answer if you’re looking for fun and music filled entertainment with a screwball twist!
- Directed by: James Foley
- Madonna as Nikki Finn
- Madonna produced the soundtrack to this movie with Steve Bray
- Originally titled ‘Slammer’, was later renamed to ‘Who’s That Girl’
- Shooting began in New York in October 1986
- Madonna recorded four tracks for the soundtrack, ‘Who’s That Girl, ‘Causing A Commotion’, ‘The Look Of Love’ and ‘Can’t Stop’
- Can’t Stop was the only track to not be released as a single, ‘Who’s That Girl’ became Madonna’s second number 1 hit in Holland
- Who’s That Girl bombed at the box office, but was a small hit in Europe
- Madonna was present at the pre-release celebration in New York on Times Square on August 6, 1987. Almost 10.000 people showed up to see her.
- The movie finally received a DVD release in 2006