- New York, New Year’s Eve, 1928. High Society dame Harriet Mackyle (Julie Hagerty) is throwing a party. New York’s most fashionable and frivolous socialites will be there. They include luckless pony player, Regret ( Matt Dillon), powerful gambling operator, The Brain (Rutger Hauer), the honourable but penniless Feet Samuels (Randy Quaid), and Broadway’s most desirable showgirl, Hortense Hathaway ( Madonna). During the final hours before dawn, fortunes are lost and gained, crimes committed and romance blooms in a night that promises to be the last big blowout of the Jazz Era.
- Howard Brookner
- Madonna as Hortense Hathaway
- Madonna played a small part in this movie as a dancer in a club
- Madonna and Jennifer Grey perform a duet ‘I Surrender Dear’ in a scene
- Unfortunately director Brookner died shortly before the film opened
- Even though lots of famous actors starred in this movie, it failed to become a real success