Originally appearing as a remix on the Justify My Love CD maxi-single and 12 inch vinyl in 1990, The Beast Within track consists of Madonna reciting various passages from the New Testament’s Book of Revelation. In 2004, the track was reworked by Stuart Price, Madonna’s tour music director (Drowned World, Re-Invention, & Confessions) and album producer (Confessions On A Dance Floor) into the epic prologue of the Re-invention Tour. The galvanizing visual imagery stems from Madonna and Steven Klein’s 2003 visual collaboration exhibition X-STaTIC Pro=CeSS which manifested in various mediums: debuted in early 2003 as art installation exhibit at the Deitch Gallery in NY, a 44-page portfolio spread in the April 2003 W women’s fashion magazine, and a limited 1000 copies 260-page coffee table book.
Madonna heeft geen plagiaat gepleegd van de muziek van componist Salvatore Acquaviva in haar nummer Frozen. Dat heeft het hof van beroep van Bergen maandag beslist. Eerder had een rechtbank de verkoop van het nummer in België nog verboden.
Het Bergense hof van beroep deed maandag eindelijk uitspraak in het dossier-Acquaviva. De rechters oordeelden dat Madonna geen plagiaat heeft gepleegd ten opzichte van de componist.
Acquaviva had in 2005 in wel nog gelijk gekregen van de rechtbank. In eerste aanleg besliste de rechter toen dat platenmaatschappijen Warner, EMI en Sony de verkoop en de verspreiding van Madonna’s hit ‘Frozen’ op Belgisch grondgebied moesten staken. Volgens hem werden de eerste vier maten van Acquaviva’s ‘Ma vie fout l’camp’ (1979) gekopieerd door Madonna in haar hit uit 1998.
De drie platenmaatschappijen gingen echter in beroep, waarna het hof van beroep de eerste beslissing verbrak. Het hof sprak van een ‘nieuw kapitaal feit’ in het dossier: componist Edouard Scotto Di Suoccio en de maatschappijen Tabata Music en Atoll Music hadden in Parijs ook een klacht voor plagiaat ingediend. Volgens hen worden delen van het nummer ‘Bloodnight’ uit 1983 gekopieerd in zowel ‘Ma vie fout l’camp’ als in ‘Frozen’.
The Court of Appeal ruled in favor of Madonna this morning, regarding the song Frozen in a lawsuit that has been going on for years in Belgium.
Madonna was accused of plagiarism, taking ideas from Salvatore Acquaviva’s ‘Ma vie fout l’camp’
In 2005 the title had been banned from sale and distribution in Belgium. At the time the record companies appealed the decision. After winning a first trial, the court ruled now that there was no plagiarism.
Source: Le Soir
About this picture: The one and only Madonna wowed the crowd at a benefit hosted by the LAByrinth Theater Company on September 29 at the Daryl Roth Theater. The Kaballah-loving pop goddess/mom/kiddie author is the recipient of the inaugural Dave Hoghe Award for her dedication to the theater company. (She was instrumental in moving their production of Jesus Hoppd the A Train to the West End.) Also present for the exciting event were a boatload of stars, who showed off their acting skills by playing a round of celebrity charades, and of course, LAB co-artistic directors Philip Seymour Hoffman and John Ortiz.
Katy Perry was the guest curator for January on Madonna’s Art for Freedom platform and on Friday, her last day on the job, the “Unconditional” singer posted a public-service announcement from the group (We Are) #GayPropaganda, which is shining a light on the plight of Russia’s LGBT community.
(We Are) #GayPropaganda is encouraging Twitter and Instagram users to redefine “gay propaganda” by adding the hash-tag #GayPropaganda to photos, artwork and storytelling.
Madonna launched Art For Freedom in conjunction with Vice magazine as a “a global initiative encouraging creative expression” to raise awareness around human-rights violations. “I am so fortunate to have the freedom to express myself through music,” said Perry. “I believe that 2014 can be a year of great social change. Together we can all stand up for human rights. Join the conversation, and let your art be your voice.”
Find out more about (We Are) #GayPropaganda on their Twitter page @GayPropaganda and Facebook page.
— Katy Perry (@katyperry) 31 januari 2014
According to a rumor the MTV Unplugged special by Miley Cyrus featuring Madonna as a guest, will be available on iTunes from February 18
A fans’ response regarding the hypocrisy of the media, and the way they have been treating Madonna since the start of her career. Whatever she does, she can’t ever win. It is time she gets the respect she earns.
How the world simply cannot live with(out) Madonna:
- In 1983 we thought was kind of disco chick is that? she sounds like Minnie Mouse? She will never last
- In 1984 we thought she was simply outrageous, how dare she roll around the stage like THAT?! she will NEVER last, she is NOT the new Cyndi Lauper
- In 1985 parents wanted to put a ban on Madonna as all their children started to dress like her, underwear as outer wear? NO WAY!!
- In 1986 she DARED to promote abortion, how DARE she??!! And girl…..why did you lose weight? or cut your hair? you look like a boy now. Don’t even get me started on Shanghai Surprise!!
- In 1987 Europe finally got to see her perform live, her live singing sucks!! how dare she?!
- In 1988 we couldn’t find Madonna, oh wait she was in a theater? Oh man….that sucked, she is a lesbian now? Kissing Sandra Berhnard and all that??
- In 1989 Madonna was a member of the KKK, yes because she was dancing in front of burning crosses, but then she kissed a black jesus? what a hypocrite she is!
- In 1990 She dared to wear corsets on stage (again) and masturbated on a bed singing like a virgin?? We have to BAN her!! We have to make sure that her shows are canceled!
- In 1991 She recorded a mini movie in this shady hotelroom in Paris, we have to BAN THAT NOW! She a whore now?
- -In 1992 don’t even get me started on this year, no we do NOT want to see and read what your sexual fantasies are, but secretly we did……
- IN 1993 she toured with The Girlie Show, she had a bare chested lady coming down a pole?? No way….she is sooooooo over. By the way Janet Jackson is the new Queen of Pop!
- In 1994 she is kissing ASS, she wants us back, she is sorry for her sexual fantasies, she now wants to tell us bedtime stories…..that Take A Bow track is good though
- IN 1995 I was a huge supporter of David Letterman, so we need to BAN Madonna!!
- IN 1996 she bought a baby remember? she used that poor personal trainer for his you know what…..but damn….EVITA was good
- In 1997 we couldn’t find her again, where are you? We need to bitch and moan about you!!
- IN 1998 she’s mother Theresa now, we love it, you don’t say any bad words, you are all into kaballah, I am wearing a red string too!!!
- In 1999 you’re going all gothic on us? No and you have MAN arms! A woman should not have muscles like that! BTW Britney is the new queen of pop!
- IN 2000 you were going all cowgirl on us? and you made a song about Music? oh wait….you have an English accent now? Oh Madge!
- In 2001 you weren’t singing ANY old greatest hits on your Drowned World Tour, I was so looking forward to hear Angel and The Look Of Love….BTW did you know that Kylie is the new Queen of pop?
- In 2002 you gave us Swept Away…..no comment. Die Another Day? Worst Bond song to date? Up For Grabs? what was that?
- In 2003 how DARE you speak out against the war, how dare you create a video like that? We need to BAN Madonna!! Kissing Britney?? Attention seeker!! Desperate!!
- In 2004 Forgetting quickly about writing those kiddie books, you’re finally touring a Greatest Hits kinda show….but where is Like a Virgin Madonna?? We want Like a virgin!!
- In 2005 she is going all disco on us and Hung Up is only popular because of the ABBA sample, and oh yeah remember Kylie is the new Queen of Pop
- In 2006 Touring with the Confessions Tour, you are Jesus now? Hanging on a cross now? Oh boy…..nothing good is going to come off that….
- In 2007 you buyin kids from Malawi? No way, you cannot buy kids, not you! Live Earth? Madge you own a freakin’ private jet…what about the world??
- In 2008 you looked skin and bones during your tour, and girl you are getting old, remember female popstars aren’t allowed to age. Also what is this sh** with an R&B album? Didn’t Nelly Furtado already do that?
- In 2009 move over M, Lady Gaga is the new queen of pop. MJ sadly passed away, you using that for your own show now?
- In 2010 you directing a movie, going all W.E. on us. Not interested. The rest of the year, where were you? Oh yeah Lady Gaga still rules wearing all your old clothes
- In 2011 We hate W.E., we hate it, we hate it. What happened to your face? Oh yeah Lady gaga still rules
- In 2012 you drop MDNA on us, you’re singing about a Gang Bang? You are showing your nipple on stage? NO WAY!! You are way too old for that, remember you are not allowed to age! Oh yeah, Lady gaga doesn’t rule anymore
- In 2013 you are the best paid female entertainer without doing anything at all, how is that possible? Lady Gaga has disappeared due to a made up hip injury, you see she wasn’t selling…..
- In 2014 M you are OLD, you are old, you are old, you are old, you’re desperate, performing with Miley? How desperate. And oh yeah….you are old, you cannot wear those clothes, they’re too young for you. Lady Gaga…who’s that?
But in the meantime: no one can really stop talking about her……
The bitchy, sexy and over the top drama of “Valley of the Dolls” – the 1967 movie based on the mega-smash 1966 novel by Jaqueline Susann – is set to make its “return” to the big screen via 20th Century Fox.
Patty Duke, Sharon Tate, and Barbara Parkins starred in the original movie, the story of three women’s rise, fall and pill popping tirades (the pills were called “Dolls.”) The film was set in New York’s theatre world and Hollywood movie biz.
The “new” Valley of the Dolls, will have a decidedly different “spin” on the original with L.A.’s music business being a big part of the story, particularly with the Neely O’Hara character (Patty Duke) the up and coming star who makes it big and has a major fall from grace. One of the writers of the new VOTD is Paul Rudnick, who did the “First Wives Club” and “In and Out” (such a funny Kevin Kline movie!) There will be a dark comedy aspect to the film.
Actresses on the “A List” for this movie are Anne Hathaway, perfect as the prim Anne Welles, Jennifer Lawrence as Jennifer North (the fallen Angel played by Sharon Tate) and Emmy Rossum as Neely O’ Hara (perfect casting!!) and producers are lobbying hard to get Madonna to play the aging Broadway star Helen Lawson, a role intended for Judy Garland in the original movie
While staying in LA, M has supposedly recorded three new tracks for the new album already, including a ballad.
Have you seen this before? This is an original invitation sent out to those invited to attend the official US premier of the Stephen Jon Lewicki film ‘A Certain Sacrifice’, known for being Madonna’s first ‘acting’ role in a film.
To view the front and the back of the original invite, visit our A Certain Sacrifice page now, it is in the memorabilia section.