After the disastrous last minute cancellation by the Jaarbeurs of the previous record fair in November (and without consulting the organisation and dealers), Recordplanet has found a new location for Vinyl Heaven! Turns out it was the best decision they could have made. Not only was the record fair a lot bigger than the one in Utrecht (spanning three large spaces) but it was also a lot more crowded than Utrecht. To call the new location a success is a vast understatement.
Literally five minutes after entering my budget was spent, I had no choice but to find the nearest atm (which is the only downside as there is only one and it’s all the way in the back) so the hunt could continue. I have never seen so many rare Madonna vinyl records in one place as I did today. To be able to go crate digging again, catching up with all the dealers and the organisation I have known for so many years, was fantastic.
Scoring Madonna goodies was easy as there were many rare vinyls, test pressings and related memorabilia to find. Pictured below is what I scored:
- MADONNA (insanely rare Zimbabwe pressing with original ‘Lucky Star’ title on label)
- MADONNA (original Korean vinyl with stickers)
- MADONNA (USA with black hype sticker)
- MADONNA (Brazil vinyl with Best Sellers sticker)
- Physical Attraction (7″ Brazil vinyl single)
- Burning Up / Physical Attraction (12″ Vinyl Single Ecuador)
- I’ll Remember / Why’s It So Hard (12″ Vinyl Single Ecuador)
- Sorry (The Pet Shop Boys Remix) rare official Belgian promo cd-single in wallet
- The Immaculate Collection (rare DCC, for only 10 EUR)
- Like a Prayer (SEALED USA 3″ CD single in longbox format, only 20 EUR)
- I’m Breathless (Korean vinyl)
- I’m Breathless (Vinyl Club Edition)
- Holiday (German white bordered Vinyl Single)
- Madame X Blu-ray (unofficial factory pressed)
The record fair is open tomorrow from 10am, visit Recordplanet for more info!