- In 1990, seven young male dancers – 6 gay, 1 straight – joined Madonna on her most controversial tour. On stage and in the iconic film Truth or Dare they showed the world how to express yourself. Now, 25 years later, they reveal the truth about life during and after the tour. Strike a Pose is a dramatic tale about overcoming shame and finding the courage to be who you are.
- Directed by: Ester Gould + Reijer Zwaan
- Luis Camacho, Carlton Wilborn, Kevin Stea, Oliver Crumes, Salim Gauwloos, Jose Gutierez, Gabriel Trupin
- Premiered at the Berlinale Festival in Berlin on February 19, 2016
- All the dancers and directors were invited to Dutch TV show RTL Late Night in May 2016 to discuss the film and Vogued together for the first time in 25 years!
- The film reached the status ‘Kristallen Film’ in Holland meaning it received over 10.000 visitors in theaters
- The song Fortitude, written and performed by the Dutch band HEAVN, is used as soundtrack in the trailer of Strike A Pose.
- At the Mix Copenhagen LGBTQ Film Festival in Denmark Strike a Pose has won the Out & About Audience Award.
- Strike a Pose has won the ‘Goldenen Perle 2016’ in the category documentary at the Perlen – Queer Film Festival Hannover.
- Strike a Pose won The Dorothy’s Slipper Award at Merlinka International Queer Film Festival in Serbia for the Best Documentary of 2016.
- The film has been retitled ‘Express Yourself’ in France and Germany for broadcast
- The film celebrated its official Dutch premiere at EYE Film Museum in Amsterdam May 23, 2016. The dancers and directors attended, were present for a Q&A and fabulous afterparty in the Amsterdam Tower.
- Gabriel Trupin sadly passed away, his mother Sue represents him in the film
- Strike a Pose was voted ‘one of the best films of 2016’ by the Dutch audience through Cineville and made the top 10 at #10
- The film has only been released in Holland on DVD thus far