OPEN CASTING CALL: Audition to be Madonna’s next fitness trainer! Here’s how:
1. Create a 60-second video showing off your best dance and fitness workouts. The first 30 seconds should showcase your dance moves, while the second portion should highlight your fitness regimen.
2. Post your video to either YouTube, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter (as many as you like) and use BOTH #DanceOn AND#MadonnaChallenge.
3. Fill out the form below with URLs to your posts.
4. We’ll promote the best videos on our social channels, and select our favorites to audition in New York City.
#MADONNACHALLENGE – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following audition opportunity is intended for participants residing in the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and District of Columbia only. Additional information regarding eligibility to participate in this audition opportunity is set forth below.
1. Description: The “#MadonnaChallenge” (the “Audition”) are try-outs to find great fitness trainers who might ultimately have the chance at becoming Madonna’s next fitness trainer. A select group of fitness trainers who audition will have the opportunity to have their entry for the Audition viewed by Madonna. The Audition is managed by izo, Inc. dba DanceOn (the “Manager”) and presented in connection with Madonna (the “Presenter”). The Audition begins on March 15, 2017 and ends on a date to be determined, at the sole discretion of Manager and Presenter (the “Audition Period”).
2. Eligibility: The Audition is open only to legal United States residents residing in the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry (each, an “Entrant” and collectively, “Entrants”). Persons residing anywhere other than the territory described above will not be eligible to participate in the Audition. In addition, each Entrant must have a personal trainer certification (such a CPFT, CPT, ACE-CPT or other certification accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies), be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the email address identified in the Entrant’s entry and the account(s) located on the website(s) and/or platform(s) on which Entrant posts his or her Audition Video, as further described below. Employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of the Manager or Presenter, and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, agents and representatives are not eligible to participate in the Audition. Immediate family and household members of such individuals are also not eligible to participate in the Audition. For purposes of the Audition, “Household Members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year and “Immediate Family Members” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. This Audition is void in Alaska, Hawaii and where restricted or prohibited by law.
3. How to Enter:
b. Entry Form: After posting their Audition Videos on at least one of their accounts on the above-referenced social media platforms, all Entrants must also visit www.danceon.com/madonna during the Audition Period and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the entry form with all of the information requested (the “Entry Form”) (including, without limitation, by providing the URL(s) for the website(s) on which the Audition Video is posted) and clicking the “Submit” button. Entrants may only submit one (1) entry during the Audition Period; submitting more than one (1) entry may cause Entrant to be disqualified, at the Manager’s sole discretion. All entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will automatically be disqualified. Entrants must accurately provide all of the requested information in the Entry Form to be eligible to win, and incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries will be automatically disqualified. All information provided by Entrants becomes the property of Manager, including the Audition Video, as further described below.
c. Additional Terms Regarding Entries: Participation in the Audition constitutes Entrant’s understanding of, full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Manager reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant that Manager determines to be in violation of any term contained in these Terms and Conditions. Manager’s decision not to enforce a specific provision of these Terms and Conditions does not constitute a waiver of that provision or of the Terms and Conditions generally.
4. Review of Audition Videos: Manager, or its designee, shall review all Audition Videos and their corresponding Entry Form as such Audition Videos and Entry Forms are submitted. Manager will select the best, qualified Audition Videos, as determined in Manger’s sole discretion and based on compliance with these Terms and Conditions (the “Selected Entries”).
5. Selected Entries: Manager shall notify the Entrants who have submitted the Selected Entries that Manager has selected such Entrants to move to the next phase of the Audition by email. Such Entrants (the “Selected Entrants”) shall be required to respond to Manager’s email within two (2) business days to discuss the next steps of the Audition, which shall include, among other things, Manager arranging to travel the Selected Entrants to New York, NY to meet with Madonna and audition for her in person. Travel dates are to be determined in Manager’s and Madonna’s sole discretion, but intended to commence prior to December 31, 2017. It is currently anticipated that Manager will arrange for the Selected Entrants to travel to New York, New York via round-trip coach class airfare from a gateway airport near the Selected Entrant’s residence to an airport in the greater New York, NY metropolitan area; provided that if any Selected Entrant resides within a 200 mile radius of New York, NY, Manager may provide such Selected Entrant with ground transportation to New York, NY, as determined in Manager’s sole discretion. In the event that any Selected Entrant is unable to travel to New York, NY on the dates determined by Manager and Presenter, such Selected Entrant shall be ineligible to continue in the Audition. All trip bookings are subject to availability, changes in itinerary and other restrictions. Once Manager books travel for the Selected Entrants, no changes, extensions or substitutions are permitted, except at Manager’s sole discretion. Manager will not replace any lost or stolen tickets or travel vouchers. Any costs associated with travel other than as provided herein shall be the sole responsibility of the Selected Entrants, including but not limited to all costs, expenses, and incidentals associated with the Selected Entrants’ travel to New York, NY, including but not limited to ground transportation (except as provided herein), meals and activities, beverages, gratuities, phone calls, insurance and taxes. Manager makes no representations or warranties with respect to the travel or accommodations. Manager is not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of delays or cancellations to flights or alternative transportation. The Selected Entrants are responsible for all applicable travel and other insurance, all applicable airport charges, including, without limitation, any baggage charges, airport taxes, fuel charges and any applicable federal inspection fees. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES, AND ANY OTHER COSTS AND EXPENSES, ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRAVEL AND ACCOMODATIONS DESCRIBED HEREIN ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE SELECTED ENTRANTS.
6. Conditions of Participation: This Audition is void where prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and the decisions of Manager and/or Presenter, which shall be final in all respects. By participating in this Audition, each Entrant agrees to the following:
a. PARTICIPATION IN THE AUDITION DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT ANY ENTRANT WILL BE SELECTED TO AUDITION FOR PRESENTER OR THAT ANY ENTRANT WILL RECEIVE ANYTHING OF VALUE, NOR IS ANY SELECTED ENTRANT GUARANTEED TO RECEIVE ANYTHING OF VALUE IN CONNECTION WITH SUCH SELECTED ENTRANT’S AUDITION FOR PRESENTER (OTHER THAN TRAVEL TO SUCH AUDITION). THE OPPORTUNITY TO AUDITION FOR MANAGER AND/OR PRESENTER DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A PRIZE OR ANY POTENTIAL FOR A PRIZE, FINANCIAL INCENTIVE OR NON-MONETARY COMPENSATION.
b. Manager shall solely own all Audition Videos and the results and proceeds of Entrant in connection with the Audition Videos, in perpetuity, and shall have the perpetual right to exploit the Audition Videos and the results and proceeds of Entrant in connection therewith throughout the world, through any means or media now known or hereafter devised, including but not limited to the purpose of promoting the Audition, Manager and/or Presenter.
c. Entrant hereby grants to Manager, and its licensees, designees and assigns, the irrevocable right to use Entrant’s Audition Video and appearance, voice, name, likeness, biographical information, photographs, personal characteristics and other personal identification (collectively, “Likeness”), in programs produced by Manager or its licensees, designees, assigns or affiliated entities, including in connection with programs created in connection with the promotion of the Audition. Such rights are granted for Manager’s use (in its discretion) in all media now known or hereafter devised (including, but not limited to streaming via the internet and/or through a video-on-demand service) throughout the world in perpetuity, and in consideration for such rights, Entrant hereby agrees to waive any rights to receive any payment or other consideration and to waive to the fullest extent that Entrant may lawfully do so, any causes of action in law or equity Entrant may now have or hereafter acquire against Manager or its licensees, designees, assigns or affiliated entities in connection with any of their use of Entrant’s Audition Video and/or Likeness.
d. Entrant will release Manager and Presenter, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees; and each of these companies and individuals’ respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Audition. Manager and Presenter disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Audition.
e. Entrant is solely responsible for the production of Entrant’s Audition Video. Entrant represents and warrants that Entrant is in excellent mental and physical health and knows of no reason why Entrant cannot participate in the dancing and/or other activities required for the Audition Video, and hereby expressly assumes any and all risks of physical or other injury arising out of Talent’s appearances in the Audition Video or activities in connection therewith.
f. The Audition Video, and the use and exploitation thereof by Manager and/or Presenter shall not defame or disparage any person or entity or infringe upon or violate the rights of privacy, publicity, or any other rights of any kind or nature whatsoever of any person or entity, including, without limitation, any and all intellectual property rights.
Manager reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Audition (or any portion thereof) should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other cause or problem corrupt or inhibit the administration or security of the Audition. Manager may prohibit you from participating in the Audition, in its sole discretion, it determines you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Audition by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or Manager’s representatives. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE MANAGER’S WEBSITE AND/OR MANAGER’S SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE AUDITION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE AUDITION. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, MANAGER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
7. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Audition, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and Manager and Presenter in connection with the Audition, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions. In the event of a claim or dispute, Entrants’ sole remedy shall be limited to their remedy at law for damages, if any, and Entrants shall not have the right to in any way enjoin or restrain the distribution, advertising, publicizing or other exploitation (in any form of media) of Manager’s website, the Audition, the Audition Videos, and/or any intellectual property owned or licensed by Manager and/or Presenter.
8. Arbitration Provision: By participating in this Audition, each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes the Entrant may have with, or claims Entrant may have against, the Released Parties relating to, arising out of or connected in any way with (i) this Audition and/or (ii) the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved individually and exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by JAMS, through its Los Angeles, California office. The arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by these Terms and Conditions and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable Entrant may have entered into in connection with this Audition. There shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis; arbitration can decide only the Entrant’s and/or the Released Parties’ individual claims and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join theclaims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated. The arbitrator shall not have the power to award special or punitive damages against the Entrant or Released Parties. If any part of this Section 8 is deemed to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the balance of this Section shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.