Madonna played Loren in ‘Up For Grabs’, an art dealer desperately trying to sell a Jackson Pollock painting for a ridiculous amount of money to several possible buyers. Loren finds herself in the most extreme and funny situations just to sell that painting, all because she made a ‘deal’ and her husband doesn’t agree.
Madonna as Loren
- Year: 2002
- Where: Wyndhams Theater, London UK
- When: May 9 – July 13
- The play was excellent, but received mixed reviews. All of the dates were sold out so the play can rightfully be called a success
- It debuted on May 13 but received its official premiere on May 23
- First Madonna had planned to play matinee shows as well but these were canceled as they conflicted with her studio time for the recording of her new album
- The play ‘Up For Grabs’ was written by David Williamson and debuted on stage before in Australia in 2001
- Besides Madonna the stars of the play in London were: Tom Irwin, Megan Dodds, Daniel Pino, Sian Thomas, Michael Lerner and Debora Weston
- Madonna helped compose the soundtrack to the play as well
- Up For Grabs was an incredible opportunity for many fans to finally see Madonna up close and personal in an intimate setting.